Healthyfoodhouse.com | Scientists have long examined the effects of red wine weight loss and the results they got will sure favor the ladies.
A study conducted at the Harvard University tracked 20,000 women for 13 years and the results showed that women who had two glasses of red wine a day experienced no problems with obesity. Similar studies have shown that red wine stimulates fat burning.
The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry published a study which tried to determine what do grapes actually do within the body and how can red wine stimulate weight loss.
Their experiment involved lab mice and showed that mice were less likely to store liver fat when they were given red wine grape extract. The same group of mice also showed decreased blood sugar levels. Surprisingly, acids in grapes have the ability to delay growth of fatty cells.
Snacking red wine
People drink red wine instead of having their evening snack. Experts say that a glass of red wine has less calories than a piece of cake, ice cream and chips. It also contains almost no bad fats.
This helped Linda Monk to lose 6 pounds within three weeks. She claims that red wine really helped her to reduce sugar cravings and eat less unhealthy snacks before bedtime.
Red wine — Health benefits
- Red wine not only aids weight loss, but also provides a wide range of benefits, due to its high resveratrol content.
- Resveratrol is a strong antioxidant that has shown to prevent cancer. It protects heart health and prevents Alzheimer’s Disease, because of its ability to prevent cell damage.
- Resveratrol is associated with longer life span and higher athletic performance.
Is there anything to be concerned for?
Remember, just because red wine is super healthy and aids in losing weight, that does not mean that you should drink a whole bottle at once. The secret lies in moderation.
You should also make a difference between having red wine instead of a snack and drinking it along with your snack. Combining a glass of wine and a piece of cake only means extra calories, and that sure hurts.
Make sure you do not drink wine late at night. It may affect your goodnight’s sleep and cause drowsiness in the morning. However, that applies to individuals only. You know your own body, meaning you know what is best for you.
The most important thing is to remember that having a glass of wine once in a while does not affect your body line; on the contrary, it may be the key to an attractive body.
- Source/Reference: www.fhfn.org
- Other included sources linked in FHFN’s article: worldlifestyle.com | medicaldaily.com
- Featured image Via: www.fhfn.org